Monday, July 24, 2006

Crespo is not for sale

In an official announcement, Chelsea assured that they won't sell Argentine star Hernan Crespo unless a "suitable offer" is made.

In fact, this statement is contrasted with the striker's own desire to return to Italian soccer.

"It's just that I want to return home. The fact is I love Italy. Money and success don't come into it," Crespo said through the local sports newspaper Tuttosport on Monday.

He noticed that he has been "treated like a king" at Stamford Bridge , but "I can just guarantee that I am a healthy striker with just one wish to return and play my kind of football."

We must remember that the 31-year-old Crespo joined Chelsea with a 26.20 million US dollars transfer from Inter Milan in August 2003. What's more, he spent two seasons at Stamford Bridge and one loan at AC Milan in 2004-05.

It's important to mention that Crespo looks likely to be the third-choice striker behind club-record signing Andriv Shevchenko and Ivory Coast international Didier Drogba. In fact, Crespo scored 13 goals in 26 appearances last year with the club.

0 comments:

,
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online